bzr diff -r branch:../path/to/branch > ~/changes.diff
To get a list of directory sizes (only the parent folders):
du -h —max-depth=1
If you have a directory full of Inkscape svg files and want to convert them all to pdfs you can use the following command:
for i in $(find . -name ‘*.svg’) ; do j=$(basename $i .svg) ; inkscape -zf $i -A $j.pdf ; done
A helpful debugging tip for Python if you’re stuck trying to find out what attributes an object has is to use:
Here are my notes from watching this video: http://vimeo.com/14465385, where Adeo Ressi gives feedback on a few startup elevator pitches. I found it quite insightful and Adeo is hilarious. Hopefully these notes are helpful for future reference.
- State the problem your startup will solve.
- Tell a story through your pitch (only tell one story).
- What is your business/product (e.g. a website or mobile app)?
- Try and say your name a couple of times, say the company name maybe three or four times.
- The goal of every pitch should be very clear (e.g. to raise money or get feedback).
- When there is a big unknown in the product, address it (e.g. how will it make money?).
- End with a call to action.
If you’re trying to set up Launchpad you might run into this error:
ERROR: Site local-vostok does not exist!
make: *** [enable-apache-launchpad] Error 1
ERROR: Unable to install apache config appropriately
One way around it is to edit ”lp-branches/devel/Makefile”. Replace any instances of “vosok” with “vostok” then re-run “./rocketfuel-setup” and you should be good to go. There may be a better way and I’m sure a fixed makefile is on its way, but until then this should get you by.
Hopefully this will help some lost googlers.